Most people find that they wish they had more time in a day. This book will show you how to organize their lives and find those hidden moments. You will learn how to establish routines, set goals, create an efficient environment, and use time-honoured planning and organizational tools to maximize your personal productivity.
To help you decide if this is the right book for you we have provided the table of contents followed by a short preview/passage from the book.
Even after you’ve got a plan in place, it’s important to keep adjusting your plan so that you can stay in control of your time. This chapter will give you some ways to help you stay on top of your to-do list.
If you can do a task in a minute or less, do it! Here are some things that you can accomplish in 60 seconds or less:
· Check for new messages on your voice mail and e-mail
· Quick replies to e-mails
· Accept a meeting invitation
· Quick stretches to give you an energy boost
· Review new RSS feeds
If you’re stuck on a task – can’t get started, have hit a roadblock, or just can’t seem to get it wrapped up – set aside five minutes each hour to work on it until you’ve hit the desired progress point.
Here are some ideas for putting this into action:
· Desk too cluttered? Set aside five minutes at the end of each hour to clear off one part.
· Report not coming along? Set aside five minutes each hour to work on a particular part.
· Inbox overflowing? Set aside five minutes each hour to work on clearing it out.